WHO took out a document titled, ‘COVID-19 and violence against women What the health sector/system can do’ on 26 March 2020.
It talks about:
- Violence against women remains a major global public health and women’s health threat during emergencies
- How COVID-19 can exacerbate risks of violence for women
- How Health systems have an important role to play in ensuring services for women who have experienced violence remain safe and accessible during the COVID-19 outbreak
- What can be done to address VAW during the COVID-19 response
- Tips for coping with stress at home and actions to take if one is / family members are experiencing violence